* 2c boiling water
* 1/2 oz. dried mushrooms (anykind)
* 6 1/2c water
* 1 1/2c polenta or yellow cornmeal
* 1 red pepper, cut in strips
* 2T parsley
* 2 1/2c canned tomatoes, crushed
* 2c cubed eggplant
* 1/2c chopped onions
* 1T olive oil
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil.Add eggplant, cook for 5 min. or until browned and soft.Stir in mushrooms, peppers, and onions; stir constantly.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and reserved mushroom liquid; bring to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the polenta by bringing the 6 1/2c water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan.Slowly whisk in the polenta or cornmeal.Reduce the heat to low; cook; stirring often, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until thick and smooth.
5. Pour the polenta onto a large serving platter and keep warm until sauce is ready.Spoon th eggplant sauce on top. Sprinkle with parsley.